Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

gurkha2

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket



My blog is worth $238,235.88.
How much is your blog worth?

Technorati Profile http://www.wikio.com Listed on BlogShares

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Blog Flux Directory

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blogger

View blog authority

ODBA Gold TWO

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Bob Marshall - What Say the RPV? or Today, I am Ashamed to be a Republican

This sucks.

Legislator: Disabled kids are
God’s punishment

RICHMOND — State Delegate Bob Marshall of Manassas says disabled children are God’s punishment to women who have aborted their first pregnancy.

He made that statement Thursday at a press conference to oppose state funding for Planned Parenthood.

“The number of children who are born subsequent to a first abortion with handicaps has increased dramatically. Why? Because when you abort the first
born of any, nature takes its vengeance on the subsequent children,“ said Marshall, a Republican.

“In the Old Testament, the first born of every being, animal and man, was dedicated to the Lord. There’s a special punishment Christians would suggest.“

I had no plan to blog, but Bob Marshall takes the cake. Many will say the RPV should not have to say anything. I say they do. Bob's statement has hurt many people and that cant be argued. People see Bob Marshall - Republican....The damage is done.

My friend James Young brings up "Obama's child is punishment statement". I agree that was bad, but Bob is a Republican and this voter expects better. A slip of the tongue? Maybe. Insensitive and stupid stupid stupid - Definitely.

This is not Marshall's first gaffe. I took a lot of heat from the Bloggers for Bob Marshall when I supported Jim Gilmore. I took issue with Marshall for a couple gun control votes and his Sierra Club endorsement. In the comments to my post he compared his involvement with the Sierra Club to Christ associating with tax collectors, prostitutes, and worst of all, lawyers....I was not impressed and a commenter rightly called him out saying "You are no Jesus Bob."

All of this is troubling. My support for the RPV is wavering and the silence is not helping. Marshall has issued an apology but IMHO it falls short, way short. A special person in my life, the mother of a special child was brought to tears.

With Marshall's statement and the shitty heartless apology, with the silence from my party, I can honestly say - Today I am ashamed of being a Republican. I know I am not the only one.

Bob, don't go away mad...JUST GO AWAY.

Technorati Tags: ,

Comments on "Bob Marshall - What Say the RPV? or Today, I am Ashamed to be a Republican"

 

Blogger RightsideVA said ... (7:42 AM) : 

Agreed...
He just needs to go away and the RPV needs to do something....

 

Blogger Cargosquid said ... (9:32 AM) : 

Thank God that he's not MY representative. He needs to go.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10:46 AM) : 

You r like Puxatawney Phil. Popping ur head up once a month.LOL

 

Blogger Carl Kilo said ... (10:56 AM) : 

I really hate the reason for this pop up Phil.
Thanks gentleman for commenting. I may not be writing, but i am always reading the blogs. Keep up the good work.

 

Blogger Salt Lick said ... (11:08 AM) : 

Hang in there, Kilo. The times they are a changin' and that's reason for Hope.

 

Blogger Carl Kilo said ... (4:08 PM) : 

I am honored you visited the blog Salt Lick.
Any chance of you starting the Salt Lick blog back up? You are one of the best and I miss your views. Take care my friend!

 

Blogger Citizen Tom said ... (10:19 PM) : 

There is a certain thing we call logic. If we begin with the belief that abortion is murder, then one thing leads to another. Abortion violates one of God's commandments.

Are their repercussions for evil? Yes. Exactly what those repercussions might be we usually do not know -- until they happen. And even then, we may not know. Whether or not a particular birth defect has anything at all to do with a particular abortion, we can only rarely know. Marshall never said otherwise. What he did say is that rate of birth problems increases when a women aborts her first child.

Does the evidence back Marshall? Why don't you find out?

 

Blogger Carl Kilo said ... (3:37 AM) : 

I don't need you or Bob to tell me what I should believe, or what God's plan is. Understand that logic Tom?
It looks like ole Bob could be a liar too. WRAL is reporting:
"The number of children who are born subsequent to a first abortion with handicaps has increased dramatically. Why? Because when you abort the first born of any, nature takes its vengeance on the subsequent children," Newsleader.com quotes Marshall as saying.

Marshall however today told WMAL he never said any such thing. "One of the reporters said to me, 'I wondered why AP (Associated Press) and the other guys didn't cover this. I said, 'Jonathan, because it didn't happen,' " Marshall told WMAL.

 

post a comment
|
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

THESE TWO BLOGGERS ARE Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Contact Us

Image hosting by Photobucket

Contact Wise Girl Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket

Weather Forecast | Weather Maps

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

    follow me on Twitter

    TIP JAR

    Photobucket

    Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

    Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

    Skype Me - Carl Kilo