Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

gurkha2

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket



My blog is worth $238,235.88.
How much is your blog worth?

Technorati Profile http://www.wikio.com Listed on BlogShares

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Blog Flux Directory

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blogger

View blog authority

ODBA Gold TWO

Sunday, January 08, 2006

Faith and Religion in the Coal Mine at Sago

After posting the info that 12 miners were alive which I corrected here. Comments insued from an blogger named Daniel Morgan. You can read his comments here. I dont argue religion, as Daniel was trolling for a argument. The old saying is "No atheists in foxholes" Well there are not many in the coal mines either. As I read this article today, it reinforces my beliefs. Jackie Weaver had worked the mines for 26 years. His faith was astounding. From the article

Weaver always wrote "Jesus saves" in the coal dust of his mine car as he and colleagues descended into the mine, said his cousin, Scotty Felton, 42, of Philippi.

"He was a wonderful man with a wonderful sense of humor," said Melanie Hayhurst, 44, a friend from Fairmont who said she and her family had known Weaver for about 15 years.

Weaver's family planned to bury him next to his son, who died as a child about 20 years ago in a motorcycle accident, Hayhurst said. "He was a Christian," she said of Weaver, "so I am not worried."

The funerals were in great numbers today. Grief was overpowering, yet faith kept many going on with life.

First was Martin Toler Jr., whose funeral was held Sunday morning in Tesla.

Next was Weaver's service in Philippi at 1 p.m. Services for David Lewis, Jesse Jones and Alva Bennett were an hour later, in Philippi and Buckhannon. Jerry Groves' memorial service was later in Cleveland.

"I know I'll see him again," said Groves' wife of nearly 29 years, Debbie, speaking during the memorial service. "Eternity is forever. Our time here is just a vapor."

Vapor indeed. Very powerful words from Debbie Graves. More than 100 gathered at the Sago Baptist Church to sing hymns and hear Rev. Wease Day tell them not to search for blame.

Instead, Day said, worshippers should imagine they had only 10 hours to live, and write a note about how they would spend those final hours.

Have you started your note yet? We all should.

Here in the coalfields faith and religion are top priority for so many. I cant explain the reason but it could be that Jesus said, "Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly of heart, and you shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."(Matthew 11:28-30)

Technorati : , ,

Comments on "Faith and Religion in the Coal Mine at Sago"

 

post a comment
|
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

THESE TWO BLOGGERS ARE Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Contact Us

Image hosting by Photobucket

Contact Wise Girl Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket

Weather Forecast | Weather Maps

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

    follow me on Twitter

    TIP JAR

    Photobucket

    Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

    Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

    Skype Me - Carl Kilo