Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

gurkha2

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket



My blog is worth $238,235.88.
How much is your blog worth?

Technorati Profile http://www.wikio.com Listed on BlogShares

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Blog Flux Directory

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blogger

View blog authority

ODBA Gold TWO

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Garden Mud Pictures-It's not looking good

Click pictures to embiggen


Rain everyday, excuse the weeds...My maters are short but hearty.

A couple weeks of dry 80+ degree weather would do the trick. This years crop consists of 10 Mister Stripeys (my all time favorite mater!), 2 Rutgers (all time canning mater), 4 Golden Jubilee (this is the first time I've grown these-I hear they're awesome)

This is a large golden-orange round beefsteak tomato, Jubilee is an AAS winner from 1943. Indeterminate with 2.25 to 2.75 by 2.5 to 3.5 inch fruits, 6 to 7 ounces in weight. Heavy yields. The plant is tall bushy habit growing to 1.5 metres. The fruit have a mild, non-acid flavor. They are large, globular and smooth with a meaty thick-walled interior. Link

and 2 German Queen plants (I've heard of these giant heirlooms my whole life but this is the first time I found plants!).

...large, pink, beefsteak-type tomato that has an average weight of about a pound. It is a gorgeous tomato with beautiful pink skin and deep red flesh. The flavor is a perfect blend of sugars and acids that produce the rich old-fashioned tomato flavor that we all crave. The large plants are productive over a long period. link

That two pounder may just happen this year! I am growing these girls in a five gallon bucket and they will receive daily attention. I have named her Susie a full round two pound mater is the goal. My green onions are strong and tuff due to the wet cool weather. The half runners are stunted and the corn and peas will have to be replanted if it ever dries up enough. It could be worse..I am blessed to have the garden and be able to work in it. I tell ya, very few things bring me the enjoyment of gardening with a good cigar. If I have to explain it, you wont understand.

Comments on "Garden Mud Pictures-It's not looking good"

 

post a comment
|
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

THESE TWO BLOGGERS ARE Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Contact Us

Image hosting by Photobucket

Contact Wise Girl Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket

Weather Forecast | Weather Maps

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

    follow me on Twitter

    TIP JAR

    Photobucket

    Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

    Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

    Skype Me - Carl Kilo