The Cross - The Movie Opens the 27th
Amazing story of faith.
- Walked around the world since Christmas Day, December 25, 1969 carrying a 12 foot cross for Jesus.
- Now 38,102 miles (61,319 k.m.).
- 315 countries, Island Groups and Territories.
- Walked on all seven Continents including Antarctica.
- Been through 52 countries at war.
- Arrested or jailed 24 times (Not for Crimes)
- Listed in the Guinness World Records for the 'World's longest walk'.
- Arthur says, "I Love God, I love people, I try to keep it simple".
- Of the journey he says, "Jesus did it, I give Him all the glory".
- He has traveled constantly with his wife, Denise, since their marriage in 1990.
This shows the power of God.
In 1973, I was lying under a mosquito net in Freetown, Sierra Leone ready to start a walk across Africa. I had just been informed of all the horrible diseases there. "Don't eat the local food, don't drink the water, don't bathe in the rivers...there is malaria, yellow fever, cholera, etc..." I had 'no' supplies as I do today, I only had God. As I opened my Bible by candle light that first night, I read the words of Jesus from Luke the 10th Chapter "Go your way...whatever house you enter, first say "Peace to this house...remain in the same house, eating and drinking such things as they give...Do not go from house to house...Whatever city you enter and they receive you, eat such things as are set before you. Heal the sick who are there and say to them "the kingdom of God has come near you". That night I made a commitment to God to do what Jesus said.
- Enter the first house that invites me.
- Eat whatever is given before me.
- Drink whatever is given me.
- Pray for the sick there in the house.
- Say the Kingdom and God has come near.
Over and over again, around the world through the years I've eaten things I did not want to touch, and drank water I would not want to bathe in. I have said, "Lord Jesus, kill them all!" And quickly eat it and drink it. And by God's grace I've never been sick from food or water and parasites ...Jesus did it! I give Him all the credit.