Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

gurkha2

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket



My blog is worth $238,235.88.
How much is your blog worth?

Technorati Profile http://www.wikio.com Listed on BlogShares

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Blog Flux Directory

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blogger

View blog authority

ODBA Gold TWO

Monday, December 22, 2008

SWAC Land Toys For Tots Gets Spanked and a few of my favorite people

The guy sitting on the right is my friend Chris Green AKA Spanky. He is talking to United Conservatives of Virginia blogger Cargosquid. In the background, Alton the heathen Foley, Concrete Bob and my hero the lady Flora McDonald.

IMG_0118

All these people are Virginia bloggers. More importantly they are all grass root activists for conservative politics, supporting the military, and Old Dominion Blog Alliance members. These are the people that blog for the cause, but they also put feet on the ground and knock on doors. They all understand that blogging is a form of activism, but nothing replaces the manual labor of ground work. These folks do way more than type to support the cause. They check their blogging egos at the door.

My friend Chris has just totally kicked some ass for this years Toys for Tots. Yankee Phil (another hard working activist and blogger) has a great report here.

"Much of the leg work was done by local Marine Chris Green. He organized the local leathernecks into a toy collecting Machine. He garnered the help of some local bloggers. He got lots of people on board. He had a raffle with some great prizes to aid the kiddies. He got a Marine with a big white Beard to play Santa many many times.(Great job Larry) The big lug even had a cookie bake sale out at T-Bone Tooters. A big ole Semper Fi shout out to Chris."

Way to go SWAC crew. "700 families and 1700 children will get toys on Christmas day because of our local Marines." Check the Toys for Tots website out here.

The lesson is clear. Blogging helped the Toys for Tots drive, but leadership and ground work filled the baskets with toys. You know on any given day you can read blogs complaining about losing this and not getting that, blaming this and that, offering up all kinds of advice to the GOP and RPV......Don't get me wrong, there are some great writers in Virginia. But writing did not fill those baskets anymore than it wins or loses elections.

So what did you do for Christmas? I hope it was more than blog. Merry Christmas.

Comments on "SWAC Land Toys For Tots Gets Spanked and a few of my favorite people"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:49 AM) : 

"Spanky" kicked ass and from what I saw the Marines enjoyed and did a great job at the sametime. Little coverage from the local newspaper for I believe they probably had a conflict with supporting a "Military" effort and a program associated with a "Religious" celebration...

Phil-Billy took care of the media reporting and turned out several helpers himself. I had the opportunity to help out in several small ways and found it refreshing to work with people striving for a common goal without looking for recognition or fanfare...

Great job by the MARINES!!!

 

Blogger Carl Kilo said ... (4:24 PM) : 

Robert Yates said
"It is amazing what can be accomplished when nobody cares about who gets the credit."

The Marines always kick ass! Your thoughts mirror Yates statement and I agree 100%.
When I read or witness stories like this one.... this is what makes me proud to be American. I know come Christmas day 1700 kids will have gifts and they will get to laugh and play. What these Marines, volunteers, and those that donated gifts is exactly what is needed in this world.
And a big thanks to you Sir/Mam for your help.
After talking to Chris as he worked on this project, I plan on getting involved with the toys for tots effort in my area.

Now to be my arrogant smart ass self ...Have you ever noticed you never see these stories on Lefty blogs?

BTW Anon - If you are a veteran I want to thank you for your service. I owe you for every freedom I have. Thank you.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (11:50 AM) : 

Thanks for the link. Ihad fun loading bags.
It was busy season for my family. My boys loaded food boxes at the local Moose Lodge. I rang the bell for the Salvation Army.
Give your neighborsa hand. Don't wait for your Uncle Sam todo it. He is busy trying to figure out how to get his hands on your paycheck

 

post a comment
|
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

THESE TWO BLOGGERS ARE Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Contact Us

Image hosting by Photobucket

Contact Wise Girl Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket

Weather Forecast | Weather Maps

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

    follow me on Twitter

    TIP JAR

    Photobucket

    Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

    Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

    Skype Me - Carl Kilo