CNA - "Abortion industry bailout"
Washington DC, Dec 16, 2008 / 07:56 pm (CNA).- A strategy document from a coalition of abortion rights groups which outlines their agenda for an Obama administration has been made public. Asking for more than $1 billion in funding, the plan seeks to overturn restrictions on the use of taxpayer funds for abortions and aspires to place pro-abortion partisans in judicial and political positions.
One pro-life organization characterized the plan as an "abortion industry bailout."
The 55-page plan, titled "Advancing Reproductive Rights and Health in a New Administration," was published on the web site of President-elect Barack Obama. It bears the label "produced by an outside party and submitted to the Obama-Biden transition project."
The plan was signed by groups which include the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, NARAL Pro-Choice America, and International Planned Parenthood Federation of America. It was also signed by a group which calls itself "Catholics for Choice."
Writing in the plan, abortion advocates call for the abolition of restrictions on taxpayer funding for abortions:
Stop the Bailout has this
The Abortion Bailout Package:
- $1 BILLION dollars in taxpayer funding for International Abortion Groups
- $700 million in taxpayer funding for “Title X” Health Clinics (aka your local Planned Parenthood affiliate)
- $65 million for the UNFPA, an international aid organization connected to coercive abortion as part of China’s coercive one-child policy
- Repeal the Hyde Amendment – Vastly expanding federal taxpayer funding for abortions
- Include Abortion coverage in any taxpayer-subsidized national health care program
- Expand taxpayer-funded abortions on military bases
- Expand taxpayer-funded abortions through the Peace Corps program
- Expand taxpayer-funded abortions for federal prisoners
You can take action here.