Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

gurkha2

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket



My blog is worth $238,235.88.
How much is your blog worth?

Technorati Profile http://www.wikio.com Listed on BlogShares

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Blog Flux Directory

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blogger

View blog authority

ODBA Gold TWO

Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Paul Harris

My fellow ODBA member Chris over at Spank that Donkey is leaning for Paul Harris as the next Attorney General. I have heard Mr Harris speak and I believe he is the real deal. Like ole Spanky, I am not happy with The Cooch's support of HB 172.

The last time I heard Harris speak, I told my friends that he is exactly what we need to move the GOP forward in Virginia. Lots of articles about him here. I believe Paul Harris could do more for the party than any other candidate. Take a few minutes and learn about Harris. You wont be disappointed. He will not run in 09, and that is our loss. Bob Gibson reports-

“Dear Friend,
After much prayer and meditation, I have decided not to be a candidate for public office in 2009. Over the past several months I have been called upon by party activists and leaders to consider seeking public office again next year. Indeed, I have been humbled by the many words of encouragement and support from good Republicans (and a few Democrats) from all regions of the Commonwealth. But now is not the time.

“I remain confident in the Republican Party’s philosophical durability. Our Party’s philosophy is based upon boundless optimism. We believe that life is God’s most precious gift to humankind. Each person deserves the opportunity to achieve her God-given talents. Government’s principal role is to empower individuals to succeed while providing a safety net (and not a hammock) to those who are weak or frail. Government requires vigilant restraint, every day, to ensure that it does not take a dime more from the personal sweat and aspirations of ordinary people and does not infringe their civil liberties any more than absolutely necessary to provide ordered liberty. The free market is the most productive and efficient provider of economic opportunity and prosperity – both individually and collectively. We are committed to equal opportunity for all people from all backgrounds and walks of life. We respect each individual’s faith in God and seek to preserve God’s providence in the life of our families and communities.

“These beliefs compelled me to become a Republican over two decades ago. I embraced these beliefs in my successful campaigns for the House of Delegates. This was the message I delivered in my keynote speech before the Republican National Convention in 2000. And this is the philosophy that we as a Party must articulate compellingly to the people of Virginia today and in the challenging years to come.

“In the meantime, I look forward to continuing to serve the cause in which I believe as Chairman, Americans for Prosperity-Virginia. When the time is right, and God so moves me, I may once again seek His blessing and ask His help to lead an optimistic crusade of positive ideas based upon our conservative ideals. The Republican Party must offer the people of Virginia a compelling vision and practical solutions to give wings to their dreams and flight to the aspirations they have for themselves, their families and their communities. That is our challenge; we must make it our destiny.

“I am grateful for your counsel and guidance, and am honored to call you friend.

With warm personal regards,
Paul.”

BTW- Paul needs a BLOG! I hope we here more from Paul in the future. Party Chairman? I hope so.

Comments on "Paul Harris"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:10 PM) : 

http://www.mydailyprogress.com/index.php/bobgibson/comments/paul_harris_back_in_the_ag_field/

http://video1.washingtontimes.com/mclaughlin/2008/04/harris_welcome_competition_cuc.html

Please check these out. He is still in the mix.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:24 PM) : 

Run, Paul, Run!

 

post a comment
|
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

THESE TWO BLOGGERS ARE Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Contact Us

Image hosting by Photobucket

Contact Wise Girl Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket

Weather Forecast | Weather Maps

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

    follow me on Twitter

    TIP JAR

    Photobucket

    Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

    Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

    Skype Me - Carl Kilo