Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

gurkha2

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket



My blog is worth $238,235.88.
How much is your blog worth?

Technorati Profile http://www.wikio.com Listed on BlogShares

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Blog Flux Directory

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blogger

View blog authority

ODBA Gold TWO

Thursday, February 07, 2008

Endorsing Huckabee

MikeHuckabee.com - I Like Mike!

I know that endorsing Mike Huckabee at this point is frivolous. He would need to win over 80% of the remaining delegates and I know that is not going to happen. A guy can hope cant he? I will vote for him Tuesday for a few reasons - Huckabee is Pro Life and Pro Gun. He supports the Fair Tax and doing away with the IRS.

In my younger days I supported candidates in the Republican and Democratic party. It became clear that I could not be a pro life pro gun Democrat. The majority of the democratic party hates the coal that is my homes life blood. The party left me. I cast my last vote for a democrat, Mark Warner, only to be betrayed with a unnecessary tax increase.

If the GOP is determined to take on a new face, I prefer Huckabee over McCain. My dislike of McCain is no secret. For a former POW to have a C+ NRA rating is sickening. His McCain Feingold was a slap in the face of free speech. We saw more of that today with "Dont Boo McCain" at CPAC(Ha Cargosquid). He carried water for Kennedy with his amnesty bill. He voted against the Bush tax cuts. The list is long. He has been no friend of conservatives. Is he better than Hillary and Obama? Indeed. Can McCain gain my support? That depends on his picks for VP and Sec of Def. As for now, I support Huckabee.

Technorati Tags: ,

Comments on "Endorsing Huckabee"

 

Blogger Cargosquid said ... (12:14 AM) : 

I see that you're up late too.

Save some bourbon for me. I think we are going to need it.

 

Blogger Charlie Fugate said ... (3:51 PM) : 

I totally respect your reasoning behind support Huckabee. Given the circumstances, I might well have endorsed him too. I know Duncan supports him and yes, I trust Duncan's judgment, but I guess I just think Ron Paul is closer to my positions on most of the issues.

Granted, he's correct that only Congress has the power to declare war. However, we're in Iraq, on bad information or not, and we need to see the job through, let the Iraqi people win the peace for themselves, then we can bring our troops home.

Under no circumstances will I push the button for John McCain. I won't campaign for Hillary or Obama, but I will consider a third party candidate. You're right Carl, McCain has to be stopped before he's in a position to really do some harm.

 

Blogger Carl Kilo said ... (7:01 PM) : 

I understand you also Charlie.
We must control the senate or we are doomed as conservatives. If we can keep good conservatives in Congress..we can keep a Hillary McCain in check. I feel the white house is lost.
We need Ron Paul, Duncan jr, Gilmore, etc....That is the real fight that we can win.

 

post a comment
|
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

THESE TWO BLOGGERS ARE Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Contact Us

Image hosting by Photobucket

Contact Wise Girl Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket

Weather Forecast | Weather Maps

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

    follow me on Twitter

    TIP JAR

    Photobucket

    Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

    Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

    Skype Me - Carl Kilo