Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

gurkha2

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket



My blog is worth $238,235.88.
How much is your blog worth?

Technorati Profile http://www.wikio.com Listed on BlogShares

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Blog Flux Directory

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blogger

View blog authority

ODBA Gold TWO

Monday, November 12, 2007

Bristol Herald Courier Endorsements Refused

How dare this newspaper try to tell you good citizens of Washington County how to vote. You showed us by rejecting four of the six candidates we endorsed for local office.~J. Todd Foster managing editor of the Bristol Herald Courier LINK

What a hoot! While many readers will find this editorial entertaining, many will find it insulting to voters.

I find the rant (and that's what it is) shows the real disconnect between editorial board and readers.

Comments on "Bristol Herald Courier Endorsements Refused"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:41 PM) : 

I have never been so stunned by a newspaper editorial. Is this guy really this dense? He thinks writing a very insulting, bigoted stereotyping portrait of his readership is going to increase his circulation, his influence? Unbelievable.

 

Blogger Carl Kilo said ... (6:55 PM) : 

I found it very odd also.
I went through it a couple times then let it sit a day and read it again. I find it very insulting to voters.

Thanks for the comment!

 

Blogger Charlie Fugate said ... (11:34 PM) : 

Carl,

Yes, I'm back(to comment, still not up to posting regularly), still having problems with the arm, but surgery went well. As to the article, the Washington County voters are notoriously suspicious of anyone the BHC endorses. I am not ashamed to say I voted for Fred Newman,a Democrat, and the rest of the races I voted Republican.

Back when I ran for BOS in 1999, I was only called one time for a phone interview, that's it. No candidate forum, no nothing. They aren't interested in anything but their ivory tower mentality.

 

post a comment
|
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

THESE TWO BLOGGERS ARE Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Contact Us

Image hosting by Photobucket

Contact Wise Girl Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket

Weather Forecast | Weather Maps

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

    follow me on Twitter

    TIP JAR

    Photobucket

    Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

    Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

    Skype Me - Carl Kilo