Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

gurkha2

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket



My blog is worth $238,235.88.
How much is your blog worth?

Technorati Profile http://www.wikio.com Listed on BlogShares

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Blog Flux Directory

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blogger

View blog authority

ODBA Gold TWO

Monday, August 20, 2007

Utah Miners

I only posted about this once. The reason was the outlook for the Utah miners was grim from the beginning. We have witnessed a tragic event.  We have watched the fearless brothers try to rescue the fallen leading to three more deaths. The mine has suffered a severe collapse and it may be months or years before the movement ceases and allows a safe environment for the recovery. Yes it is tragic and sad, but it is the reality of mining.

I am angered about the media coverage. I can forgive ignorant reporters asking stupid questions, but to hold cameras up to ambulance windows, show chest compressions being administered, is way beyond the scope of reporting. If that was me or my family, there would be some serious butt kicking taking place.

We have watched as Union officials and anti coal mouthpieces seize this opportunity to grandstand. I am reminded of last year at the Union Fish fry in Castlewood. They had some of the Sago families there, yet they forgot to invite the family of the Union miner killed a month after Sago. That union miner was killed by a ribfall just like the three rescuers in Utah. They spin these tragedies to work for their agenda and it makes me sick.

Come and listen you fellows, so young and so fine,
And seek not your fortune in the dark, dreary mines.
It will form as a habit and seep in your soul,
'Till the stream of your blood is as black as the coal.

CHORUS:
It's dark as a dungeon and damp as the dew,
Where danger is double and pleasures are few,
Where the rain never falls and the sun never shines
It's dark as a dungeon way down in the mine.

It's a-many a man I have seen in my day,
Who lived just to labor his whole life away.
Like a fiend with his dope and a drunkard his wine,
A man will have lust for the lure of the mines.

CHORUS

I hope when I'm gone and the ages shall roll,
My body will blacken and turn into coal.
Then I'll look from the door of my heavenly home,
And pity the miner a-diggin' my bones.

CHORUS

The midnight, the morning, or the middle of day,
Is the same to the miner who labors away.
Where the demons of death often come by surprise,
One fall of the slate and you're buried alive.LINK TO LISTEN.

Technorati Tags: ,

Comments on "Utah Miners"

 

post a comment
|
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

THESE TWO BLOGGERS ARE Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Contact Us

Image hosting by Photobucket

Contact Wise Girl Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket

Weather Forecast | Weather Maps

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

    follow me on Twitter

    TIP JAR

    Photobucket

    Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

    Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

    Skype Me - Carl Kilo