Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

gurkha2

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket



My blog is worth $238,235.88.
How much is your blog worth?

Technorati Profile http://www.wikio.com Listed on BlogShares

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Blog Flux Directory

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blogger

View blog authority

ODBA Gold TWO

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

30 Years Ago....A Legend Passed Away

I remember you back in nineteen-fifty-six
You had all the moves and you knew all the tricks:
You left all the ladies in a hell of a fix,
When your voice took wings
Then you'd shake around and oh, how'd you sing:
Just an old boy from Memphis with a big diamond ring:
A country girl's prayer and a city girls dream;
Hail the king
~Reflections by Charlie Daniels.

I was not around in 56, but I did grow up in a house full of Elvis fans. My parents first date was going to a Elvis movie. I was around March 18, 1976 in Johnson City. TN. I saw the King and all that entails through the eyes of a 11 year old. We traveled from Chicago down to see family and the show. I have attended many concerts since, but nothing compares to that night. I did not realize then, but I do now...This was a ROCK STAR.

Tomorrow, August 16, marks 30 years since his death. I was 12 and playing ball with friends when my aunt came tearing down the street. She saw me and screeched the car to stop. I walked over to see big tears rolling down her face. Sad day. One can only wonder what he would have achieved.

Technorati Tags:

Comments on "30 Years Ago....A Legend Passed Away"

 

post a comment
|
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

THESE TWO BLOGGERS ARE Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Contact Us

Image hosting by Photobucket

Contact Wise Girl Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket

Weather Forecast | Weather Maps

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

    follow me on Twitter

    TIP JAR

    Photobucket

    Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

    Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

    Skype Me - Carl Kilo