Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

gurkha2

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket



My blog is worth $238,235.88.
How much is your blog worth?

Technorati Profile http://www.wikio.com Listed on BlogShares

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Blog Flux Directory

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blogger

View blog authority

ODBA Gold TWO

Monday, April 30, 2007

The Barter Theatre - Bloggers - Good Times

A few weeks ago a select group of bloggers met in Abingdon, Virginia. The purpose was to enjoy each others company and talk politics. I wanted to catch a play at The Barter Theatre so I had tickets waiting. I took a little heat from the group about wanting to do this and I was worried the play would suck and that heat would turn to angst. We saw The Quiltmaker by Catherine Bush, author of Other Side of the Mountain and I’ll Never Be Hungry Again. About the play:

Mud Creek, Kentucky is experiencing a major drug problem, which Sheriff Ham Terhune intends to correct. Who better than the lovable and nefarious Jackson Bennett, home from the federal penitentiary, newly married and reformed bootlegger, to find these drug dealers? However, Ida May Combs, Jackson’s grandmother-in-law has other thoughts in this unforgettable tale of mountain life and the blood of family bonds.

Unforgettable indeed! The play was very funny with a dark truth about the area that I live. Here is a video clip.

One of my fellow bloggers said “I would love to watch this again.” Well sir I did. I took my parents to see the play before it closed. It was just as good the second time! If you ever get a chance to visit the Barter don't turn it down. I made myself a promise to catch a new play every 6 weeks this summer. I have plans to see “Dont Hug Me” soon.

Comments on "The Barter Theatre - Bloggers - Good Times"

 

post a comment
|
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

THESE TWO BLOGGERS ARE Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Contact Us

Image hosting by Photobucket

Contact Wise Girl Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket

Weather Forecast | Weather Maps

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

    follow me on Twitter

    TIP JAR

    Photobucket

    Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

    Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

    Skype Me - Carl Kilo