Iraq election blogging and the Blogoshere and a little Virginia politics too.
Rice was confirmed after a dozen or so Democrats grandstand and complain. This process should have been completed last week in 10 minutes. 85-13 was the vote count. I don't think many people were impressed with honest Ted ( Chappaquiddick ) Kennedy and Grand Wizard Byrd questioning Rices honesty.
- Sore losers
- Shortly before the vote Wednesday, Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., suggested that Democrats opposed to Rice were sore losers from the November presidential election. Pointing out that Democrats were opposing Rice despite the certainty that she would be confirmed, McCain said, "I can only conclude that we are doing this for no other reason than because of lingering bitterness over the outcome of the election."
- The election in Iraq is a few days away. It will be very interesting to watch the events unveil. Michelle Malkin has a good post about the many iraqi bloggers and even a web cast showing the events of the day.
- The Commissar orders you to sign the card! This is a thank you card to our troops. 9 million have signed the card so far. We as a country can do better than that. Say thank you HERE.
- Ferdy the Cat has THIS on the Rice confirmation. For a cat, he sure has great insight!
Virginia Politics are turning ugly. Mr. Behan had this a few days ago about the Kaine hypocrisy. As I was doing the daily reads I found this on Brians site. I researched around the site and found many troubling things. The info provided was for the most part rude and not backed up. A bunch of name calling. Some excerpts:
- "Jerry Kilgore is very, very effeminate"
Just think of the uproar if a republican called Kaine effeminate. What does that have to do with anything? The irony here is endless..let your mind explore the possibilities. This makes ole Kilo mad as heck. Just what are they saying? A women could not do the job? I would not describe him as such, as I don't think it is accurate statement. It could be that Kaine and Co. have to resort to name calling because they have nothing else to stand on. Kilgore has a solid record of standing up for the law abiding citizens of Virginia.
- "spend like crazy and borrows from our kids' futures to pay for it"
This is unfounded - but the whole site is moon bat rant after rant. I had hoped for a clean battle. I encourage you to not support that kind of rhetoric. Stay focused on what is best for Virginia, and that is Jerry Kilgore. If you check out Kilgores web site, you will see a big difference in the style and info. If you check out any of the O.D.B.A. blogs, you will find facts with out name calling and discriminatory rants.
( Raising Kaine is not the official Kaine web site. It is a grassroots website) Lets mow the grass! I searched for an equal web site for Kilgore...None were found...that speaks volumes about the difference in the right and left in this campaign.