Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

gurkha2

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket



My blog is worth $238,235.88.
How much is your blog worth?

Technorati Profile http://www.wikio.com Listed on BlogShares

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Blog Flux Directory

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blogger

View blog authority

ODBA Gold TWO

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Under the Weather

I have been under the weather lately-OK as I am typing this I realize just how amazingly stupid that cliche is. From where I am standing on God's good earth I seem to always be under the weather although rain puddles and snow drifts may defy that logic slightly. I have been sick- period. You learn interesting things about your partner when either of you is sick. For instance, when Carl is sick he just wants "left alone dammit". I like some ( as in lots of) pampering. He swears that a good dose of Jim Beam will kill all germs and should be used liberally, but, when I am sick things change slightly- let me explain. I couldn't sleep, I couldn't breathe, I couldn't stop coughing up lungs. I needed a good strong hot drink. I mixed up hot water, lemon juice, honey and some (some as in enough to make the whole body shudder even if I couldn't taste it) of Carl's Beam. Suddenly Beam was not the right medicinal thing to be using. He ranted, he raved, and then he mixed me the next drink with Crown Royal. We both had the same opinion- why waste the good stuff if I can't really taste it anyway. While this may not be "just what the doctor ordered" , let me share another recipe that will benefit many of you this season. I did share the recipe with Carl and he willing went out and bought all the supplies and mixed up a batch. He says it was because he wanted his baby better but she is thinking he just didn't want me drinking his Beam.

Hot Spiced Tea

1 teaspoon whole cloves
1- 1 inch stick of cinnamon
3 quarts water
2 1/2 Tablespoons of black tea
Juice of 3 oranges
Juice of 2 lemons
1 Cup sugar

Tie the spices loosely in bag made from cheesecloth, I just use a couple big tea balls.
Bring to boil in water. Add tea tied loosely in bag, steep 5 minutes. Remove bags, Heat fruit juices and sugar; add to tea mixture.
Makes about 25 servings. Serve hot. Refrigerate leftovers, will last a few days.

I am wondering how this would taste with a good dose of Crown Royal- only the best for a good recipe! PS. This is a great recipe for parties and family gatherings also, maybe I should say a great drink for when you are "under the weather"! Enjoy!

Technorati : , , , ,

Comments on "Under the Weather"

 

post a comment
|
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

THESE TWO BLOGGERS ARE Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Contact Us

Image hosting by Photobucket

Contact Wise Girl Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket

Weather Forecast | Weather Maps

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

    follow me on Twitter

    TIP JAR

    Photobucket

    Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

    Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

    Skype Me - Carl Kilo