Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

gurkha2

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket



My blog is worth $238,235.88.
How much is your blog worth?

Technorati Profile http://www.wikio.com Listed on BlogShares

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Blog Flux Directory

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blogger

View blog authority

ODBA Gold TWO

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Fred Thompson – I remember him

UPDATE 5/10- No one has posted any Thompson Legislation as of yet.


I received a email a few weeks ago asking why I am not jumping on the Fred Thompson bandwagon. The email was from a Republican friend in Chicago who is active in the draft Fred thing. He reads my blog and knew I was a Duncan Hunter supporter. “Can I get you to join the draft Fred.....” I replied “No thanks.”

Unlike my friend in Chicago, I live 40 minutes from the Tennessee line. My two major newspapers are both Tennessee based. I remember Fred Thompson the politician. I remember Fred in the red pick up campaigning around...There are some good stories about that. I remember Fred the lobbyist. Not a short term venture mind you, but a 18 year stint as a lobbyist. GE and Westinghouse, the savings and loan failures ring a bell? I notice he doesn't talk about that much. He is also silent now about British reinsurance company Equitas Ltd. Hired Fred to protect them against several bills seeking to protect businesses from asbestos lawsuits. I remember Fred voting not to convict Bill Clinton of perjury. I remember Fred endorsing John McCain. I remember his wishy washy pro life-pro choice comments. I am still confused on his true stance on that that, in fact no matter what he says now....Can I trust him?

What I don't remember is one single piece of legislation he authored. Not one. Is my memory that bad? It could be, but I don't think so. He is a good actor, a good lobbyist, and a good speaker, but his senate time was lackluster to say the least. I read this somewhere the other day but I can find the link...If Duncan was on Law and Order the conservatives would be swooning over him also. Indeed.

So Fred I say no thanks. I will stick with Duncan Hunter. While you were making movies and lobbying Duncan was serving my interests in congress. I know where Duncan stands on the issues and he has a record to back it up.

Labels: , ,

Comments on "Fred Thompson – I remember him"

 

post a comment
|
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

THESE TWO BLOGGERS ARE Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Contact Us

Image hosting by Photobucket

Contact Wise Girl Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket

Weather Forecast | Weather Maps

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

    follow me on Twitter

    TIP JAR

    Photobucket

    Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

    Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

    Skype Me - Carl Kilo