Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

gurkha2

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket



My blog is worth $238,235.88.
How much is your blog worth?

Technorati Profile http://www.wikio.com Listed on BlogShares

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Blog Flux Directory

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blogger

View blog authority

ODBA Gold TWO

Sunday, February 04, 2007

Ben Tribbett owns Waldo Jaquith?


"Honestly, I am surprised that we are getting 10 times the amount of traffic of Waldo Jaquith. I always thought he was the largest blog.


I guess it was just ego size."- Ben Tribbett (LINK)



OUCH! While some bloggers may be for Waldo, it is clear everyone is reading NLS. I find this information useful in discovering what blog readers in Virginia are looking for. There has been a lot of discussion about ethics and rules for bloggers. Each side saying their way is the path to success. While I always enjoyed the civility of Chad, Norm, and Conaway; I also enjoy NLS and the first blog banned from Waldo's blog aggregator- GGD. (I am not saying NLS or GGD are without ethics. I think they both understand sensationalism and the power it holds in the political arena) If I correctly remember my schooling years ago, the professor said you write for your audience. With that said it is clear there is not a right or wrong way.
Leslie Byrne spoke at the Blogs United in Martinsville and she touched on the subject of ethics and rules for bloggers. I cant quote her but the just of her response was- Write what you want and the readers will decide. That may be the only thing that I agree with her on. If her thoughts are correct, then readers prefer Ben's content by 10 times over Waldo. While some will say the that the preachers of ethics can claim civility and respect, the flip side will say we have the greater readership and get the message out. Political bloggers should take notice of this fact because both sides have good arguments. My few readers know that I dont agree with many other blogs and will argue and complain about it with fervor. I am smart enough to understand that in pushing a agenda or candidate that all styles of blogging are effective. This blogging thing is cool huh!

Black Velvet Bruce Li has some numbers up also. Spark it Up gets a mention. It is a good post about blog traffic.

Technorati : , , , , , ,

Comments on "Ben Tribbett owns Waldo Jaquith?"

 

post a comment
|
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

THESE TWO BLOGGERS ARE Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Contact Us

Image hosting by Photobucket

Contact Wise Girl Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket

Weather Forecast | Weather Maps

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

    follow me on Twitter

    TIP JAR

    Photobucket

    Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

    Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

    Skype Me - Carl Kilo