Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

gurkha2

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket



My blog is worth $238,235.88.
How much is your blog worth?

Technorati Profile http://www.wikio.com Listed on BlogShares

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Blog Flux Directory

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blogger

View blog authority

ODBA Gold TWO

Monday, April 10, 2006

Local News

Three things caught my attention this morning as I read the first of my two delivered newspapers. All three are in the online edition so I can link them. First was this article about a program called First Book. If you read my blog you know I love books! First Book gives children of low income families free books. I first learned about First Book while shopping at Waldens and they were asking for donations to the program. Yes I donated because cause books change lives. You can help out online here. You can donate a dime a day and this is what a young recipient says:

$36 (a dime a day) - Provides a new bedtime story each month to a young reader for one year.
"Every night when I go to sleep I read one of the books you gave us." -Katie.

Secondly I read about the off track betting center and tax revenue in Scott County. Is it just me or did they put the cart before the horse. I would of thought this would have been addressed way before any deal was struck.

And lastly I see Wise County will donate $250,000 to UVA-Wise. I think this use of my tax dollar is a good investment but I would like to see every county in the region step up and contribute. The college may be in Wise but the region benefits. I would hope Lee, Scott, Dickenson, and Russell counties will contribute also.

Technorati : , , ,

Comments on "Local News"

 

post a comment
|
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

THESE TWO BLOGGERS ARE Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Contact Us

Image hosting by Photobucket

Contact Wise Girl Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket

Weather Forecast | Weather Maps

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

    follow me on Twitter

    TIP JAR

    Photobucket

    Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

    Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

    Skype Me - Carl Kilo