Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

gurkha2

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket



My blog is worth $238,235.88.
How much is your blog worth?

Technorati Profile http://www.wikio.com Listed on BlogShares

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Blog Flux Directory

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blogger

View blog authority

ODBA Gold TWO

Sunday, April 09, 2006

Bears

Chad is hoping to get to watch it soon. Jerry and his wife already have. I watched it the night it premiered on Discovery Channel and a couple of times since. I am talking about the movie Grizzly Man. I knew of Timothy Treadwell years before this movie was released. I was not a fan of his but I am a fan of grizzly bears. Bears are our continents big game. Our big cat species leaves some to be desired as compared to the lions of Africa and the tigers of Asia. The bear is almost manlike. He stands on his hind legs to get a better view. He roars loudly to make a point. He taunts and intimidates his advisories. This movie contains one awesome fight between two males over a female and territory. As I said, manlike. The bear partakes of the most spiritual of activities, he fishes. Treadwell's view was skewed. He loved the bears and that cant be argued. The bears did not love Treadwell. They tolerated his existence for years. Treadwell got a view of these animals that had never been seen before. We are all lucky for that. The scenery alone makes this movie worth watching. The fact that this man shared in the bears lives year after year is enviable. Treadwell crossed a line with nature and it cost him and his girlfriend their lives. For me, it was a view I had longed for. This film opened a door then swiftly slammed it shut. It also shows that laws of nature are not to be broken. When you watch these bears live their lives in harmony you have to know we could learn a lot from them. Treadwell found what he was searching for. He was a man, who in his life felt he was not needed. The bears gave him a sense of being needed. The truth being that he was not needed by them at all. After a couple of years with the bears he was pretty much insane. Like him or not, his passion was intense if nothing else. We all could learn from that. I did. At times when I fish I think of bears. Many times in my dreams I am with the bears. This movie is about one of God's greatest creations, not man, but the bear. It is not about Treadwell. I think Jerry missed that.

Technorati : ,

Comments on "Bears"

 

post a comment
|
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

THESE TWO BLOGGERS ARE Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Contact Us

Image hosting by Photobucket

Contact Wise Girl Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket

Weather Forecast | Weather Maps

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

    follow me on Twitter

    TIP JAR

    Photobucket

    Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

    Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

    Skype Me - Carl Kilo